Why You Should View All Temporary Employees as Potential Full Time Hires
Over the past few years, hiring of temporary employees instead of permanently bringing individuals onto staff has become a strong trend. Temporary employment is just that, it doesn’t last forever. But, even if you don’t plan to hire a candidate as a full-time employee, you might want to keep your options open.
Reasons to Look at Temps as Potential Full Time Hires
- It will help overall team morale. When a team knows that the new hire will be there only temporarily, sometimes it can create a divide in the office. But, if the bosses treat temporary hires as if they’ll be in the position for a long period of time, it can help a team to create a cohesive relationship and get more done.
- It may improve their attitudes. While temporary employees know that their job is in flux, knowing that business owners are keeping an open mind could help them to feel better about their jobs and their duties. Just make sure not to say anything that sounds like a guarantee of permanent employment.
- Temporary hires may work harder. It’s sad but true, sometimes full-time employees get complacent in their jobs because they know they have a full-time position; temporary workers, on the other hand, may work harder because they know their position isn’t guaranteed.
- They’ll know the job. If you do decide to change an individual’s employment status from temporary to full-time, there will be less of an adjustment period after the status switch.
- It allows you flexibility. You may not intend to hire a temporary employee at first, but as your needs change and you get to know them and you may find that you do want to hire him or her full-time.
At ADAM Personnel, we know it can be tough to find the right temporary employees, and we’re here to help! Give us a call today.
Image Source : Phil Whitehouse