Review of Pocket Resume for the iPad
What a great app! Resume HD makes putting a resume together fast and easy. It gives you an easy way to create, update, and email your resumes to recruiters. The app gives you an easy format to follow. All you have to do is fill in the information and the app does the rest. Here is a list to help you put your background on paper:
- Description: This is where you will give your resume a name.
- Basic Information: Name, address, phone number, etc. What’s great is the app has arrows and all you need to do is fill your information in.
- Profile: Think of this section as your summary of qualifications and/or objective.
- Experience: This is where you will fill in your work history.
- Education: Degrees, etc.
- Skills: Software and certificates.
- Other: Volunteer work or something that is important to you and will bring value to an employer.
After you fill in the proper places, the app gives you a preview. Here you can make changes and then you are ready to send your resume. It’s as easy as that. The app also gives you an option to change styles. You can use different fonts and colors if you want to spruce up your resume.
For the price of $2.99 I feel this is a great app for those who want to put a resume together quickly and easily. It is user-friendly and converts resumes to PDF. This is a great app for those just entering the workforce because they don’t have many jobs and/or lots of accomplishments to show. Another great feature is that Pocket Resume has a link for Linkedin. Once a resume is complete it can be uploaded directly to Linkedin with one easy step.
In today’s age of having to be competitive and think outside the box for ways to find a job, this method is valuable. Yet it is not great for candidates to showcase their resume in a creative way because it lacks customization. Everything has its flipside and you have to think about priorities: easy and fast versus a lack of customization.
On a whole, however, this app has its place, and may be helpful to many job seekers.