Is It Time to Give Up Trying to Fill a Job Opening?
It’s not uncommon to struggle with filling a position for so long that you begin to lose hope you will ever find a decent candidate. While you’re not rushing the hiring process, you’re still not making any apparent headway. In this situation, it’s important not to give up, but instead consider whether your tactics are to blame. It’s possible that with a shift in your hiring tactics, you might find an applicant who is perfect for the job.
Five Tips to Jump Start a Stalled Recruitment Process
- Re-Evaluate Your Hiring Criteria. It’s possible that your hiring criteria – the experience and skills you’re seeking may be limiting your results more than you realize.
- Revise Your Job Description.If you examine your job posting and revise it slightly, you may find that candidates you haven’t interviewed just might apply. Poorly written job descriptions can turn off potential applicants or even attract the wrong individuals to your job opening.
- Find Out About Your Company’s Reputation. If the word on the street is that your company isn’t great to work for, that won’t bring applicants. You want to know what the public is saying and if you have to, make changes that candidates can appreciate.
- Consider an Applicant Who Can Be Trained.If you’ve been focusing on the experience of your applicants and have come away frustrated and unable to find someone with the exact qualifications, don’t give up. This is where you might want to hire an individual who may not have the exact qualifications but who shows strong potential for training.
- Hire a Staffing Agency to Find Candidates.A staffing agency has access to a large number of job seekers with a wide range of skills. Agencies focus on screening processes and can often think outside the box when it comes to applicant recruitment. These professionals might find candidates that your tactics aren’t reaching.
If you’re not ready to give up on hiring the right employee to fill your vacant position, we can help match applicants to your open position. Contact us today.
Image Source: basketman