Innovation: An Important Ingredient in Employee Retention
The importance of innovation is a common topic among HR professionals lately – and perhaps for good reason. Increasingly, employees are expressing a preference for working at companies they consider innovative, and are willing to change jobs to achieve this preference. Recruitment and HR professionals are recognizing that recruiting and retaining the best talent may require innovative thinking.
Futurestep surveyed more than 800 recruitment and talent management professionals and more than 4,000 employees in North America, Europe, South America, and Asia as background for The Innovation Imperative report. The report demonstrates a strong preference for innovation by workers. Researchers used the term innovative to refer to things that involve change, improvement, and forward thinking. Companies that are not continually considering and implementing new and innovative ways to recruit and retain their best workers may soon face a staffing recruitment and retention problem.
Some of the highlights from The Innovation Imperative report include:
- More than half of employees who are currently happy with their job would consider leaving anyway if another company approached them in an innovative way
- Nearly 65% of employees who are happy with their job would leave anyway if they were offered innovative benefits by another company
- More than half of employees would look for a new job if promises of change at their current job did not materialize
- More than 80% of workers expect employers to impress employees with engagement and recruiting methods
- Nearly 80% of workers reported that they would perform better at their job if employers developed interesting ways to keep employees engaged
- More than 75% of HR professionals believe that finding new ways to recruit and manage talent is essential
- More than 75% of HR professionals believe that their organization should be doing more to demonstrate innovation
This may mean there has never been a better time for many organizations to consider outsourcing their recruitment efforts to specialized staffing agencies. Experienced staffing agencies have the expertise and resources to innovatively recruit the best talent in a given industry.
Image By – Ayushveda News