How to Get a Temp Up to Speed As Quickly As Possible
When you have a new temporary employee, you want them to be able to jump right in and get to work.There is always a learning curve that you have to deal with, however. Here are a few tips to help you ensure that your temporary employee hits the ground running and gets up to speed quickly.
Help Your Temps Jump Right In With These Tips:
- Have a new hire kit ready to go. This kit can explain their new position and who the key personnel that they should know are.
- Have their workspace cleared and stocked with supplies they might need.This will save your temp employee some time since they won’t have to be scrambling to find supplies and clear clutter off of the desk.
- Keep the lines of communication open. If you encourage employees to ask for help when they need it or to ask questions when they have them, it’ll help them to work more efficiently.
- Introduce them to the team and ensure that introduction goes both ways. Include explanations of roles, experience and help that the team members and temps might need during the temporary employee’s tenure.
- Make sure to explain not just what a temp’s duties are, but why they are doing it. If they understand the impact of their duties, it’s easier to fully engage in and enjoy their work.
- Teach them to find answers. It will empower your temporary employee and save time if they are not interrupting you to ask questions frequently.
- Review performance regularly.Like any other employee, performance reviews help temporary hires to better understand their position.
Taking on these tasks, it can help your new temporary employee to flourish. If you’re in the market to hire a temporary worker, reach out to the employment professionals at ADAM Personnel so we can help you find your candidates.
Image Source : bpsusf