5 Tips for Marketing Yourself to Employers
You’re looking for a job and you’re doing everything you can think of. You’re registered with your local employment agency; you’re researching companies before you apply, but you’re not getting the results you want. Self evaluation is an important step in a successful job search, as is getting feedback from others and making changes. Could it be that you’re not marketing yourself correctly? If you believe that is the case, consider these five tips to make yourself more marketable.
- Practice until you’re comfortable with yourself.If you don’t demonstrate confidence in yourself than the interviewer won’t. Ask friends and family members to conduct mock interviews until you’re confident and happy with your words.
- Be the solution to a problem. Show that you can fix a problem they’re currently struggling with. Use the duties of the job to show the company benefits from hiring you.
- Use non-verbal communication in interviews. Sometimes jobseekers don’t realize just how important their posture and actions are when it comes to interviews. Those things can communicate as much as the words you use. Try to keep calm and speak at an even pace, making and keeping eye contact with your interviewer to communicate confidence.
- Look Like You Fit In. In other words, act like you belong there. Do your research ahead of time and learn everything you can, including what the dress code is like, if you can. For your interview, dress like you would if you worked there.
- Demonstrate Passion. Do research to truly understand what the company does and find ways to be passionate about the job you’d be asked to do and the company you would be doing it for.
If you’ve read through these tips and are looking for more advice, then visit ADAM Personnel’s job seekers page for more information.
Image by : stockimages